Megan had her first day of dance class on Thursday. Her classes will usually be Monday, but that darn labor day got in the way this time. I had prepped her as well as I could for the fact that this time I wouldn't be participating with her. When we got there, though, she totally flipped out. She cried and "carry-you"-ed and didn't want to go in the room. But Mike sat with her and threatened-- I mean, gently encouraged her to participate. (just kidding, Mike!) After about 15-20 minutes with Mike, she was ready to try things out, too, and Mike could sneak out to the lobby. The dance class is 30 minutes of tap type dance and interpretive dance (yes, I am serious), and 30 minutes of tumbling and gymnastics type things in the main "gym" part.
It was fun watching Megan participate in things without us there-- she is probably the youngest in the class (this one on thursday was combined 3-4 y/o and 4-5 y/o class, and Megan still isn't quite 3), so she wasn't really clear on some procedural things (like walking in a line, waiting until the teacher says "go" to try something, etc.) and it was kind of cute to see her trying to figure things out on her own.
These pictures are blurry because I had to turn the flash off, since I was taking them through a window.

No comments:
Post a Comment