generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, January 30, 2009

Smart-E Pants!

I was tidying up Megan's picnic table area, and I found a piece of paper that had something strange drawn on it.  At first glance, I thought it said "boob" or something, but then I realized it actually said "Robby."  As I went through more and more papers (they were every where) I realized that they a lot of them had our names written on them. I found a "dad," a "Megan" and TWO "Mom" pages.  So looks like I win the popularity contest!  
I knew that Megan could spell those words out loud and sort of write letters, but aside from writing "mom" on everything, I have never seen her attempt to actually write anything.  It is just so precious!  And she was so obviously proud when I showed her that I had found the papers, but she was trying to be all matter of fact about it.  "Oh, heh... yeah, that one says 'Robby.' And I wrote 'Megan' on that one. heh." (She "heh"s a lot when she talks.  So cute.) 
She is a smart one, for sure!  And she loves learning. I have some preschool workbooks that she loves to do over and over.  I've erased the pages so many times that they are about ready to give up! I know I'm her mom, and all moms say this about their kids, but seriously.  She is smart. She knows things that freak me out, that I never taught her.  Like, the other day she was talking to Robby about the benefits of a free market.  Okay, just kidding. 

"The documents" L-R: meGAn, mom, MOM, roBBY, DAD

Discussing how proximity to a body of water has historically been a key factor in the formation of cities with an economy based on trade over Ritz crackers. 

2 comments:

Korey said...

That's too cute. You definitely need to keep those for the future.

Brittany said...

Okay. I'm thinking my next blog needs to be about you. I'll call it "blog thief!" :-) ha! Just when I was starting to think I needed to post up some stuff about what a little man Jay is becoming I saw you had the one about Robby being his own little person. Then just a few days ago I was gonna put up some pictures of the words I've found written all over Eve's papers and drawings and before I could do it.. this! Pretty funny! I think our kids are just... kindred spirits or something. That's what we get for having kids at the same time! Especially the girls! They are a couple of smarty pants aren't they?! It's so cool!
Very cute post!